On our quest to eat 10,000 calories, I strategically planned to have some AMAZING pancakes that I love from Velvet Grill and Creamery. They were incredibly delicious and I knew I had my work cut out for me to try to recreate that deliciousness.
Now, these Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes are not nearly as decadent as the ones I had at the restaurant, but they are pretty freaking amazing.
I estimated that my breakfast that morning of the 10,000 Calorie challenge was nearly around 2,000 calories (if not more).
You can rest assured that these pancakes are no where near that calorically overloaded.
I’m pretty obsessed with making protein filled pancakes, muffins, cookies and anything really.
Here are a few reasons you need more protein in your life:
- It keeps you fuller longer
- It helps keep your lean sexy muscle
- You need it to help build more muscle
- With increased muscle (by eating protein) you will burn more calories at rest
Enjoy the video below in where I show you how to make these yummy pancakes.
Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes
Serves: 1 (equals about 2-4 pancakes depending on the size)
- ½ cup dry measure Old Fashioned Oats, rolled
- ¾ cup Egg Whites
- ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder (preferably UMP-tastes amazing 😉
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Almond Milk, Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground Ginger
- ½ tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated Raw Carrots
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP walnuts (optional)
- Blend oats, egg whites (vanilla Muscle Egg is great in this), vanilla extract, almond milk, spices, lemon juice, and baking powder until smooth in a small hand blender or NutriBullet.
- Stir in the carrots, chopped walnuts, and then cook pancakes in a skillet on medium using a non-stick spray.
- For the topping: stir ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder with small amounts of water till desired consistency along with a dash of cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger, and pour over pancakes.
- Add Walden Farms Syrup over the top
Make sure to sign up here for MORE recipes!