I am a planner addict. I love to-do lists, however I think I like scratching things off my to-do list more than anything.
I literally cannot wait for 2018 so I can DIVE into using Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map Planner that is littered with so much love and inspiration to create a passion filled year leading with my core desired feelings. This planner system incorporates your soul and your to-do list; your gratitude and your goals; your deepest desires with your day-to-day.
I did a full video review of the daily journal below so you can see what it looks like and how freaking beautiful it is. Or you can read my notes below the video for a recap.
Why I am in L-O-V-E with this planner:
- Hard cover. It’s sturdy and well built. I love the spiral bound spine so that I can open it up flat and not worry about it closing up on me. I dislike soft flimsy covers that won’t hold up while roaming around in my laptop bag 🙂
- The elastic band is great to keep it all together. It can also act as a great place marker for you to open up right to the day you are at.
- There is a pocket in the back which is great for any random love notes, receipts or misc loose papers you need to access.
- The monthly tabs are indented so you can access the month, or future months, quickly.
- The paper is an amazing quality, it doesn’t bleed or smear when you write and it’s nice and thick so it won’t rip or tear easily.
- There are full month views so you can plan out your big important events and see a month at a glance.
- On the sidebar of each month at a glance there are different core desired feelings there to get you mind pumped up for the month ahead!
- A monthly check-in prompt that ask you to repeat your CDF’s, your goals and intentions for the year and how to generate your CDF’s through your intentions and goals.
- A BIG blank page at the start of each month which I use for a “brain dump” of all of the things I need to tackle for the month ahead.
- On the daily entries you have a loving soul prompt that changes daily, an abundant space to write in your schedule, a “3 things” soul prompt, a “to-do” list, a “stop doing” list (my fave) and a gratitude list.
This weekly journal is probably the BEST one I’ve come across so far. It sings to my soul. It’s beautiful, sensual, feminine, feels so good to write in and is incredibly inspiring. Each page is like a celebration for designing your life.
When you’re clear on how you want to feel, decisions come to you more easily, you’ll know when to say “No” and when to say “Hell, YES!” And then you can put it in writing. That’s what this planner does for me.
The Desire Map planners ALWAYS sell out before 2018 (I missed last year!) so make sure to go check it out before they are gone HERE. She has also created a weekly planner as well if you don’t need all of the bells and whistles of the daily planner.