I love chocolate and I also love peanut butter. So naturally when I started playing in the kitchen and finally crafted a protein-rich, low fat version I was in CHOCO-PEANUT BUTTER-HEAVEN.
These muffins are one of the many included in my Goddess Body University Transformation Program .
This is probably one of the most popular recipes I’ve created to date 🙂 Enjoy!
PMS Muffins- (Pretty Much Sinful)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Deliciousness!
- 1 ¾ cup of Old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of Whey Casein Chocolate Protein Powder (if whey protein is used they will be drier)
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 TBSP of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup of hot water
- ¼ cup of Stevia baking blends
- 1 tsp. Carmel or Peanut Butter extract (Can sub Vanilla extract)
- ½ cup unsweetened plain unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ TBSP white vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- *2 TBSP of Powdered Peanut Butter or PB2 prepared with small amounts of water and made into a thick paste
*Optional: You can use natural peanut butter instead of powdered, but this will raise the fat and calorie content.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with canola or olive oil. If you decide to do muffin liners they must be the foil ones or your muffins will stick terribly. I would also spray the inside of the foil muffin liners.
- In a blender or food processor mix all of the ingredients together except for the powdered peanut butter mixture.
- Fill muffin tins half way with the batter mixture into the prepared muffin tins.
- Place a small dallop (about ½ tsp) of prepared powdered peanut butter in the center of the batter of each muffin, then scoop remaining batter onto each muffin to cover it. This gives them a yummy peanut butter center.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!
Makes 12 muffins.