Typically you’ve got bready awesome goodness drenched in milk, eggs…then fried and topped with butter, gooey syrup and powdered sugar.
Then you’ve likely also got a gut ache, sugar coma and possibly a little regret from enjoying something that probably isn’t waistline friendly.
While I’m all for enjoying some delicious French Toast when it’s worth it (if it’s made with some killer bread and fabulous ingredients), sometimes I want French Toast DAILY.
You know how it is when you get on a kick and want to eat something every day!?? Well this is one of those recipes that you can enjoy daily without the massive calorie intake for sure.
And you guessed it, this is one of the recipes that we remade from our 10,000 calorie challenge video. Follow along with this video above to see how we did it and make sure to give this recipe a try. It’s pretty damn good 😛
- 2 slices of Sprouted Grain Bread (I use Ezekiel brand)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla UMP Protein Powder (best tasting and I love it)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- In a bowl mix eggs, Almond Milk, cinnamon and protein
- Soak each piece of bread in the mixture until it’s all used up
- Lightly spray a pan or skillet with non-stick spray and heat the pan on low-medium.
- Cook each piece of bread until each side has browned.
- Top toast with Walden Farms Syrup and some nut butter if you’d like