“I can only go forward, so although I can learn from it, I refuse to dwell on the past.” – author unknown
Sometimes less is more. There are times when I let the day get the best of me and I’m pressed for time to get my sweat on. On these days, I will get an intense workout at home with little to no equipment in under 30 minutes.
As a busy mom, business owner and multi-tasker extraordinaire these workouts are PERFECT. This is my fave way to get a metabolic resistance training workout in a very short time.
What’s metabolic resistance training you ask? A group of 3-5 exercises, weighted or unweighted, done for a set amount of reps (typically 8-12) with very strict rest periods (15-30 seconds).
These are the killer workouts that are getting my goddesses their insane results (along with eating delicious healthy food mindfully, not obsessing over calories or guilt with minor indulgences 🙂
If you still haven’t made it out to a Goddess Body Bootcamp class over at Venus I want you to take next week to do 3 things:
- Use these free workouts here that are straight from my online Goddess University program. Watch the videos over this weekend and get familiar with the exercises. Pull out your calendar on your smart phone and schedule in your workout days next week. This means you set your clothes out the night before and set your alarm 30 minutes earlier to get up and do it!
- Share this post on Facebook, or forward to a friend, and hold each other accountable all week!
- Try the protein shake recipe below every morning next week after your workout. It’s full of protein, antioxidants and healthy fats to keep you burning fat, feeling lean and looking sexy.
Mocha Yum Yum Smoothie
- 6-8 ounces of iced coffee
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (UMP is my fave and we have it at the studio)
- 1 TBSP of raw cacao powder
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 1/4 of an organic avocado
- Few drops of liquid Stevia if you want it a little sweeter (optional)
Blend up all that goodness and enjoy!
You will feel crazy energized and productive all day, simply because you started your day with the workout and the shake above.
These very simple steps could lead you on a path to a more fit, sexy and confident lifestyle. Enlisting the help of a friend will get you to both be accountable to each other!
I too often hear that good ol’ excuse of “I don’t have time to exercise” or “I don’t know how to eat right”.
The Goddess University gals are doing it right, step-by-step, just like this. Whether they are a part of my online membership site or in the studio, they are achieving amazing results!
Try it out and let me know how you did on the Facebook page.
Enjoying these posts? Well I’ve got more where that came from. Make sure to sign up for exclusive content I don’t post here on the blog. Click the big purple button below 🙂